The following words will be tested on Tuesday, September 6.
Objective: determine the meaning of vocabulary words with affixes
The prefix mono- means one.
- Monochrome-having one color; a painting, design, or outfit that is one color
- Monocle- an eyeglass for one eye
- Monolingual-speaking or writing only one language
- Monolith-one single stone monument
- Monologue-a long speech given by one person
- Monophobia-an abnormal fear of being the only one; fear of being alone
- Monopoly-control of a product or service by one company
- Monorail-a track for subway or train cars that only has one rail
- Monosyllabic-having only one syllable
- Monotone-a speech in which every word has one tone of voice