Welcome to our class homepage! I hope you will check here often for updates and information about all of the exciting things going on in our classroom!
- Picture Day is September 22nd!
- Conference Night is September 28th! Look for sign up forms in Buddy Books this week.
This week we are learning about....
- The sound of short "i." We are learning to read and spell short i words. We are also sequencing stories and learning about cause and effect in reading groups.
- In math we learning about addition. We are learning about the plus sign and how to read, write and solve "number sentences."
- In sciece we are learning about the life cycles of apples and trees. We are studying the seasonal changes of apple trees.
- In writing, we are using organizers to plan our writing. We are trying to write more than one sentence on a topic, use spacing between our words, use capitol letters and end marks. We are also working on using details in our sentences.
Our Author of the Month for September is Kevin Henkes. Check out his website for information about his books and online activities!