- Fundraiser: Merrick-Moore's fundraiser, Cookie Dough, is going on NOW! Let's sell some cookie dough to earn money for our school!
- Weekly Tests: Each week our class will take a literacy test and a spelling test on Friday. Math tests are given at the end of each topic, but do not generally occur weekly.
- Homework: Your student will have homework every night Monday through Thursday. At this point, weekend homework is not assigned. Students are expected to read daily! Beginning this week, when students come to class without homework, they will be required to fill out a "homework excuse" pass detailing which homework they did not complete and why. This will allow me to maintain more detailed records as to student homework performance.
- Communication: My DPS email is finally up and running!! If you have ANY questions, concerns, or comments, please do not hesitate to email me at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will always respond as soon as possible; I generally check my email several times daily.
- Snack: Students may bring one small, healthy snack to nibble during math time since our lunch is so late. They may also keep one bottle of water (no other beverages!) on their desk during instruction.
- Extra Credit: Extra credit opportunities are available to all students. Interested students should see me to plan an extra credit learning experience.