- Our school day runs from 8:10-2:40 this year.
- You must be at school in the classroom ready to go at 8:10. Tardies will be recorded in the office and will result in recess/lunch detention if you accumulate too many.
- If your child will be sick or absent for the day please make sure you call the attendance office before 9:00. After that time, the office will call home to verify their whereabouts. This is for your child's safety so that we know where he or she is at all times!
- During the day the students will have a 25 minute recess time followed by at 20 minute lunch time.
- Our schedule at Pullman runs on a 5 day rotation. Each day has a different specialist schedule. Our specialist time will be from 11:05-12:05 each day.
- Students will have 1 hour of Art every 5 rotation days.
- Students will have a 1/2 hour of music and Spanish 2 out of 5 rotation days.
- Students will have a 1/2 hour of physical education 4 out of 5 rotation days.
- Our schedule is as follows:
- Day 1: Music/Phy. Ed.
- Day 2: Spanish/Phy. Ed.
- Day 3: Music/Phy. Ed.
- Day 4: Spanish/Phy. Ed.
- Day 5: Art
- Students are welcomed and encouraged to bring a treat for their birthday. We do have a few guidelines when choosing a treat to bring:
- All treats must be store bought and brought to school in the store packaging.
- Please bring enough treats for everyone.
- Treats should be brought right away in the morning so they can be shared during our scheduled snack time.
- Students who have summer birthdays will be given the opportunity to bring in a treat if they wish during the last 2 weeks of school.
- If you have any questions about bringing in treats please let me know!
- Each student will be given a planner to keep track of assignments and topics covered in class.
- The planner will also be a place to communicate with each other as teacher and parent. If you have a question please feel free to leave a note in the planner.
- Each night the planner must be signed by the parent or responsible adult who will check to be sure any assignments are complete.
- Keeping up with the planner is part of the student's "work habits" grade so please make sure that you as a parent are checking it each night.
- Planners are a way of teaching time and task management skills as well as responsibility and efficient use of resources.
- Have you ever asked your child, "What did you do at school today?" and they look at you and shrug? Well now you can go to their planner and say, "I see you talked about lines and angles in math. What are some line types you learned about today?" or "It says in your planner that you have spelling homework tonight. How long do you need to get that done and do you need any help?" What a great conversation starter!!!
- Parent/Teacher Conferences are a crucial part of your child's education! Please be sure to sign up for a time and plan to attend.
- Hopefully this will not be the only time we can sit and chat about your child and his or her education. I love to talk with parents about what is going on in the classroom and what concepts are being taught. Please feel free to request a time to meet with me or send me an email and we can discuss your child's progress at any time!
- Please be sure to review the Pullman Handbook for our dress policy.
- It is important that students are comfortable at school which includes comfortable shoes for physical education.
- If students to not have appropriate attire for physical education they will not be able to participate.
- As mentioned before, every day students will be outside for 25 minutes of recess. Student should come to school prepared to spend 25 minutes outside unless the temperature is below zero with wind chill. This means that students should always have hat, mittens, boots, snowpants and winter coat in the winter months.
- Students are sent outside whether or not they come prepared so please don't leave your child out there freezing their little fingers off!!
Toys and Electronics
- Please DO NOT bring toys or electronic devices to school including cell phones, mp3 players, video games, trading cards, action figures, stuffed animals, etc. We do not have show and tell in the third grade and the devices are not allowed at recess.
- You have ample time at home to use these devices and do not need them at school.
- If such items are brought into the classroom and are causing a distraction the student will be asked to put them into his or her backpack.
- If they are brought out again the item will be taken and placed in Mrs. Skappel's desk or in the office for safe keeping until a parent can come and get the item.
- Not only do these items cause a distraction in the classroom, the chance of the item being broken or stolen increases and we don't want to have to deal with broken or stolen items when we need to be learning!!