What is Title I?

Title I, Part A of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) provides financial assistance to states and school districts to meet the needs of educationally at-risk students. The goal of Title I is to provide extra instructional services and activities which support students identified as most at risk of failing the state’s challenging performance standards in mathematics, reading, and writing.

How do we know what is for homework?

Your children will have nightly homework.  They are responsible for writing their daily assignments on their Homework Tracker.  This Tracker needs to be signed by an adult each evening and returned to school with the completed assignments.  On the back of the Homework Tracker is a Reading Contract.  Students are required to read for at least 20 minutes each evening.  They should write the title(s) of the book(s) read, the amount of time read, and have an adult initial next to the correct date.  At the bottom of the page is a Reading Contract activity.  This only needs to be done once a week and will change throughout the year.  Students may be asked to write about their favorite part and to create a mental image; write about a connection they had to their reading; or write a summary of one of their books.

My child forgot their lunch, what should I do?

If your child forgot their lunch, please drop it off in the office and it will be delivered to their classroom or lunch table.  They may also borrow money from the school.  If you remember prior to lunch time 11:45, you can deposit money into your child's lunch account.  The Food Services website also has the most up to date lunch menus, information on health and fitness, and much more.

May we arrange meetings with you beyond the Family Conference?

Of course!  Please send me a note, an email, or leave a message on my phone with dates and times that will work best for you.  I am available before and after school.  We can also meet during lunch on most days.  I cannot schedule to meet during instructional times.  I will be out on maternity leave from mid September until late November.

What should we do if our child misses school? or needs to miss school?

If your child is absent, please notify the school office at (909) 594-1820.  If you would like to collect their absent work at the end of the day, please notify the office prior to 9:45 AM so they can leave a note in my mailbox.  I will have their absent work in a blue folder by 2:40.  If you know ahead of time that your child will be missing school, please send a note to class with your child, so I can give them the work before their day of absence. 

What is a Marble Jar Party?

Students in Room 15 have the opportunity to earn marbles for whole class on task behavior.  There are two jars in our room, one contains my marbles and the other holds the students'.  When the teacher has "lost all her marbles" and the students have them all, they earn a party.  They will vote on the type of party they wish to have; pajama party, movie and popcorn, extra recess, popsicles, electronics, board games, etc.