Hello all! Welcome to Ms. Delgado's classroom website. I hope that you will all visit often. This website will provide you with the latest school and classroom news as well as learn about what we are doing in the classroom.
Over the past week, your child has taken home several forms and notices in their yellow home school communication folder. These folders must be checked daily as time sensitive forms and notices are placed daily. Please revise your child's folder and assure that the following forms are returned in your child's yellow communication folder by the end of next week, September 16th.
- Blue Cards: The blue cards are contact information cards for the school records. In case of an emergency, these cards are referred to to contact you. It is vital that these cards are kept on file. Should any information on the card need to be changed, you may do so in the office. This form must be submitted.
- Medical Forms: These forms are to be completed by your child's primary doctor regarding your child's health. The physical conducted must be dated after July, 2016. This form is kept in the nurse's office and referred to when your child visits the nurse's office. This form must be submitted.
- Photo Release Form: These forms allow the school to use photographs and video footage of your child for school purposes only. If you choose not to consent, the form must be submitted indicating so.
Academic instruction will begin promptly on the first full week of school, September 11th. It is essential that students have their supplies during this time so that we may proceed accordingly. Please assure that your child's name in written on all of his/her supplies. Below you will find the supply list for this school year.
|Pencils||4- 12 packs|
|Washable Markers||2- 10pack|
|Dry Erase Markers||4- 4pack|
|Hand Sanitizer||1 Bottle|
|Disinfecting Wipes||1 pack|
|White pearl eraser||2|
|Paper Towels||3 rolls|
|Smock for Art||1|
The following dates are upcoming events for the month of September
- Thursday, September 8th: First day of School (full day; 8:20-3:40pm)
- Tuesday, September 12th: Eid-al-Adha; No School
- Thursday, September 21st: Curriculum Conference 4:30-7:30pm (More information on this will be sent home in the next week. Please be sure to check your child's yellow home school communication folder.)
Links and Resources
Is your child glued to the iPad, tablet or computer? No problem! Here are some academic and educational websites your child can visit.
We will also be using these websites in the classroom during stations and centers. Aside from reinforcing academic skills, use this time to teach your child how to navigate a computer. They will be tech wizzes by the end of the year!