I am in my third year teaching in the Windham School District. My first year was spent teaching 9th grade Global Studies and 11th grade United States History. For the past two years, I have been teaching 7th grade Social Studies and I love it! I believe that I have truly found my calling in middle school and I'm thrilled to be a Windham Wildcat! In addition to be the 7 Gold Social Studies teacher, I am also team leader and serve on the School-wide Data Team and the school redesign committee. I am a graduate of Enfield High School and Eastern Connecticut State University and am a swim coach with the Enfield Dolphins. As for the "real person", I am getting married in June to my wonderful fiance Andy!
5 random things about Ms. Fitz...
1. I have a sister who is 3 years younger than I am and people always confuse us!
2. I have a 7 year old female golden retreiver named Bailey and I'm pretty sure she thinks she's a person!
3. I have a few life mottos/favorite quotes including
Life. Laugh. Love.
"Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
"In the midst of our lives, we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
"It's a good thing to start at the bottom in everything except learning how to swim."
4. If I had to pick some teachers who had the biggest influence on me...
Ms. Byrnes- 2nd grade
Mrs. Staples- 7th & 8th grade Social Studies
Mrs. Gray- 9th grade & 12th grade UConn English (She tore apart every paper I wrote and I thank her everyday for it!!)
Mrs. Ceniglio- 11th grade Pre-Calculus (She made me feel like I could actually do math!!!!)
5. Vacations... I'm a beach person!