This page is to be a resource for the students in my 7th and 8th hour Language! course. This week we are working on:
- Reviewing sound-spelling correspondences with both vowels and consonants.
- Reviewing phonemic awareness with consonant blends and syllable segementation by counting syllables.
- Build multisyllabic words to expand word recognition and spelling.
- Practice fluent single-word reading.
- Analyzing parts of compound words to determine meaning and categorizing words to build meaning.
- Students will learn that a compound direct object consists of two direct objects joined with a conjunction.
- Students will identify phrases and read them fluently.
Your spelling words for the week are: