Please make sure that your child uses and practices the challenge words!
Past lists include spelling patterns for:
- short vowels
- Chubby C (a, o, u) and Skinny K (i, e, y)
- Blends: L, R, S, and 3 letter S
- Compound Words
- not contractions
- contractions with is, are, will, and have
- consonant digraphs (wh, ch, sh, th, ph)
- vowel digraphs; ai/ay (long a), ee/ea/ey (long e), oa/oe (long o), oi/oy, ow (tw ways), au/aw
Please reinforce these at home during homework!
Week of 2/28/11 - updated on Mondays! - FSZL (fizzle) Rule
List: stuff, small, class, mess, cuff, whiff, still, buzz, swell, fuzzy, message, jazz
Challenge words: again, among, heart, build