Welcome Students and Parents!
World History Course Description
Standards and Expectations
Students are expected to conduct thhemselves in a appropriate manner at ALL times.
- Students should be respectful to the teacher, peers and themselves.
- Students should manage behavior and accept responsibility for the consequences of their actions.
- Disruptive and disrespectful behavior WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
Students are expected to work hard at ALL times.
- Students are to complete assignments on time.
- Students are to take pride in their work and put forth 100% effort.
Students are expected to pay close attention to instructions.
- Students should stay focused during readings/ discussions.
- Students should not talk while the teacher or others are reading or talking.
Students are expected to succeed.
- Students have complete control over their academic success.
- Students that need additional help should be proactive in asking the teacher for help.
- Students that work hard , attend class regulary, complete assignments on time and participate in classroom activities and discussion WILL succeed.
Place and Time : Mesopotamia 3000 B.C. to 500 B.C.
Objective : Differentiate between continents, regions, countries, and cities in order to understand the complexities of regions created by civilizations.
Essential Questions :
How does geography influence the way people live?
Why does conflict develop?
Students will recieve their monthly projects 9/26-9/27. Part 1 of "Build Your Own Country" project will be due October 30-31st. NO EXCEPTIONS!!