Our learning environment will be encouraging and helpful. Our classroom is our learning community. In order to have a successful learning experience in this class, we must work together to ensure that our environment remains positive. Therefore, it is necessary to have a few rules to make sure we maintain a warm and welcoming environment.
Rules of the Road
- Always speak and act in a respectful manner.
- Raise your hand to speak.
- Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Come to class prepared and ready to participate.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
Consequences for Straying from the Rules of the Road
Remember, YOU always have a choice. The power lies in your hands because essentially, YOU determine the direction your path will take. If I notice that you have strayed away along our journey in LA & Lit class, consequences will follow. The goal of the consequence is to help redirect you back onto the fun and exciting journey in learning.
- 1st Detour: Warning
- 2nd Detour: Conference with teacher
- 3rd Detour: Detention
- 4th Detour: Phone call home
- Dead End (U-Turn Mandatory): Conference with Dean and Teacher
* Detention: The detention will either be after school or during lunch. When a detention is assigned, I will call home and speak with a parent/guardian to determine which is more feasible in order to avoid transportation and schedule conflicts.
** If a student exhibits a threat to self or others, then the student will automatically be subject to administrative intervention in order to adhere to district policy. This includes verbal, physical, and/or suggested violent behavior. Our district has a very strict policy in order to ensure a safe learning environment for all. Please refer to the school handbook for further details.