(All students may do any of the options regardless of which poster group you are in.)
Conservation Extra Credit: Civic Action
- Find out about a local issue, state or federal issue OR a bill that is currently being discussed in Congress.
- Identify the appropriate legislator that would be connected to the issue or bill.
- Find the contact information for the legislator.
- Write a 1-page letter that does one of the following: requests information about a specific bill or issue, requests the legislator to take action on a certain issue or bill, or commends/expresses dissatisfaction with a recent decision by the legislator or his/her overall record.
- Send me a digital copy of the letter, and have a printed out copy as well.
Note: Do not send the letter to your legislator yet. (I would like to talk with you about it before that happens.)
Conservation Extra Credit: Individual Action
- Research ways to save energy or lower your energy bill using the DTE Energy site.
- Share the information with your parents.
- Choose at least one specific strategy you and your parent(s) will implement. You may NOT include something you already do, such as turning off the lights/unplugging appliances. Adding insulation or getting a programmable thermostat or getting a home energy evalation are good examples of options. (Check out the site - there are a lot of options)
- Write out the plan and get a parent signature that states the plan will be implemented in your home.
Conservation Extra Credit: Group Action
- Find a local activity that is happening nearby in the next two months that is sponsored by a pro-lowering-the-energy-footprint group like we have discussed in class.
- Find out how to get involved (dates, times, what you would do)
- Find a local or regional petition relating to a lowering-the-energy-footprint issue that is being circulated right now.
- Get a copy/transcript of the petition.
- Write a paragraph describing why you would or would not sign the petition (you can't sign until you are 18!)
Have a safe break!
See you on April 14!