Ms. Magallon’s Newsletter
Date: August 13-19, 2012
What’s New In Class?
- Welcome to Ms. Magallon’s Class! This will be a fun-filled, educational experience! I look forward to growing closer to you, your child, and your family.
- Thank you to all of the parents and students that attended Orientation on Saturday! It was exciting meeting you.
- Please be sure you have turned in all Open House documents as soon as possible. The following are documents that must be turned in: Student information sheet, Health card, Free/reduced lunch form (if applicable), Dental Health Van form (if applicable), Homework form, and Discipline form.
- ~Have your child dress for success~ by dressing him/her in the mandatory school uniform (
- ~Help your child become a successful learner~ by making sure he/she has all the supplies needed at school
- Please be sure that your child has his/her name on book bags and change of clothes. Remember to allow your child to have a change of clothes in his/her book bag at all times.
- ~Keep the line of communication open~ Behavior Logs are to be signed and returned daily.
- ~Teach your child responsibility~ Have him/her return Homework folders the every day.
- ~Prevent misplaced money~ Money must be in a sealed envelope with your child’s name and what the money is for written on the outside.
What Are We Learning This Week?
Phonics: Introduction to letters of the alphabet
Reading: Letters make up words/words make up sentences-Book of the week: Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom!
Math: Identifying colors-Book of the week: Brown Bear, Brown Bear
Science: Getting to know our new friends-Ask your child about the “Friendship Salad” & the Gingerbread man hunt on Friday.