Here are the ELA resources we have found so far!
(This covers, reading, writing, and grammar practice. We will be adding more links as we go)
If you need more help, contact me, look on YouTube, ask your family, ask your neighbors--someone will be available to help you!
Here is a link to Mr. Silver's Technology page showing you how to log into these apps!
Read Aloud Books
- RAZ kids has thousands of books that can be read independently or read aloud to you https://www.kidsa-z.com/main/Login?_ga=2.22035771.1408028064.1584993357-295335899.1584993357
- EPIC https://www.getepic.com/ you need to log in thorugh your student account on the gatzert website (watch Mr. SIlver's video)
- Youtube! There are tons of books that can be read aloud to your student online if you are struggling with finding good books for your child. Here is a wonderful playlist with a bunch of 3rd grade read alouds https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLh5ensqr77KeR9Uni3nE-_e4iu7wzZxXn
Part of Speech: (noun, verb, adverb, adjective, conjunction, etc)
- Video Lesson with examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQkwdAxF4xA
- 16 different grammar lessons in this playlist: teaching students many different types of speech, sentences, etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzyrYWGpWik&list=PL9xmHaY8DkL7jI5C-pnYDaYDiIoQOLmVA
- Nouns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tquecIG-Pws
- Verb and adverbs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVTCWM8gs00
- Possessive Nouns https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enbtd90V_8k
- Adjectives https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jxXnHSbicY
"There is a difference between not knowing and not knowing YET"
Remember that even if it's challenging, you CAN do it! Sound it out, reread the word, use context clues, ask for help--but DON'T GIVE UP! You've got this!
Exercise your reading and writing brains daily!