Ms. Elizabeth Morales
(305) 752-7900, ext. 5141
English 9-12th Grade
- You will be on time to class everyday.
- You will follow the classroom/school rules at all times.
- You will come to class prepared with the proper texts & materials.
- You will do your class work, homework, or makeup assignments in the allotted time.
- You will participate in class discussions.
- Sleeping, inappropriate behavior, & vulgar language will not be tolerated.
- Personal grooming is not allowed.
- The uniform/dress code policy will be enforced.
- Cell phones and electronic devices are not allowed in the classroom. If any of these are visible, they will be TAKEN AWAY & sent to an administrator. Your parent/guardian must then pick up the item.
- Homework will be collected at the beginning of class. No assignments will be accepted after the teacher has collected the homework.
- Journals will be written first 10-15 minutes of class.
- Notes will be reviewed when asked by the teacher.
- All classwork & homework must be written in black or blue ink, unless stated that it must be typed. Assignments written in any other color or in pencil will not be accepted.
English /Period #
- Stay in your assigned seat until the teacher dismisses you. The bell does NOT dismiss you.
- Students will be expected to leave the classroom in the same condition they found it.
- If there is a substitute teacher in the class, students will be expected to behave accordingly, as the class rules will be enforced.
- No passes will be given by the substitute.
- Work done with the substitute will be graded.
- Only 2 restroom passes per period will be issued; please use the restroom before or after class.
- Students are expected to go to the library & see other teachers on their own time.
Absences & Makeup Work:
- Attendance is mandatory. Excessive absences will negatively affect your progress in class.
- Make-up work will only be given for EXCUSED absences and with a valid admit from the attendance office. It is your responsibility to see me about make-up work as soon as you return to class.
- Late homework will not be accepted, unless in the case of an excused absence.
- Extra credit will be given at the teacher’s discretion. It will not be given on an individual basis.
A 90-100 C 70-79 F 0-59
B 80-89 D 60-69
2 Packs of Post Its
Pens (black or blue)
3 ring binder for assignments (with paper)
1 Pack of Markers or Colored Pencils
1 Pack of Construction Paper
* There are a variety of books that will be read in this class. You will be given time to purchase these books when we start reading the literature.
*I look forward to an exciting year with you!!!*
Ms. Elizabeth Morales
Language Arts Department
Felix Varela Senior High School