Looking for something to do? Here are a few suggestions:
• do regular Math practice (addition, subtraction or multiplication facts). You'll be a wiz!!
• find a new educational game on the computer that makes learning something fun... share it with a friend
• continue improving typing skills
• read, read and read anything that interests you - visit your local library, curl up in a chair and read
• write and illustrate a story
• do a special project... be creative.
• spend time outside exploring, playing, hiking, running
• spend time with family and friends, laughing & playing
• find a recipe & treat your family (cookies, muffins, smoothies, cakes, pancakes, crepes, soup....) this makes great fraction practice
• develop a new hobby: finger knitting, cat's cradle, yoyo tricks, juggling
• plan a date with a parent. Do something special together!
• learn how to use a useful machine: the dishwasher, the washing machine, the bread maker, the coffee maker
• learn how to fold laundry (towels, face cloths, socks, underwear, shirts)
• write someone a letter and send it to them in the mail
• make a card for someone you care about
• write a play, perform a song, play an instrument - present it to an audience of your choice
• draw and share your creativity with someone you love
The Bay Area is home to many historical places. Take some time to investigate our amazing local history. This is a short list of things our local area has to offer.
*May have free or discounted tickets available through the Contra Costa Library’s Discover and Go program