April 1-5 Springbreak
April 15-19 CRCT Tests
April 22 Earth Day
April 30 Field Trip to Georgia Renaissance Fair
May 10-11 Honors Field Trip to Chattanooga, TN
- Basic Skills Review
TEST TAKING TIPS
- Arrive on time to school.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Read the directions and each question carefully, paying attention to details.
- Plan your time wisely
- Try not to schedule doctor or dental appointments during testing week.
- CRCT Test Proctors
- Chaperones for Field Trips
- Career Day Talks
- In need of egg cartons and paper towels
- Kari Henstien for donating her checkers set.
- Alan Shen for baking us his grandmother's chocolate chip cookies.
- Ms. Brown for brining in the travel posters to decorate the classroom.
- David Jones
- Mike Smith
- Susan Johnson
MATH IN THE NEWS
Check out the following articles on Math in the News:
A group of MMS students gasped when they were told they would be playing with iPads in class. The students, who were participating in the Museum of Aviation’s National Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Academy’s Ace on the Go program, used the iPads to build and launch rockets on an app called Rocket Science 101.
Last week at Main Middle, the Museum of Aviation’s National STEM Academy taught students about moon rovers. NASA funds STEM programs such as this through a grant, with our Museum of Aviation STEM specialists creating and implementing the classes. Check out more information at this link:http://www.macon.com/2013/02/06 /2343119/moonrovers
If your student is interested in this topic, they may also want to visit the Robins Museum of Aviation. More information is available at museumofaviation.org.
CONTACT INFO FOR MS. WEAVER
Mail: MMS, 332 Hwy 72, Anywhere, USA 12345