Defining an effective marketing strategy to publicize its products/services is the main concern of web entrepreneurs and businesses. They are often subjected to a choice between traditional marketing and digital marketing, which conditions the success or not of the strategies adopted. In this article, find all the arguments that can allow you to choose wisely between digital marketing and traditional marketing.
Traditional marketing: what to remember
Traditional marketing is a technique that consists of using the media such as radio, television, newspapers, or written press ... and advertising posters to spread your message and present your product/service. The principle of traditional marketing is for a company to go to the consumer: outbound marketing or outbound marketing. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of this classic marketing.
- The use of viable and quality supports
- Consumer targeting is much more local
- Message transmission is quick and easy
- The inconvenience
- Very high costs
- Difficulty measuring your ROI or return on investment
- The dissemination of the message is limited to a well-defined geographical framework
- Traditional marketing is selective and therefore not accessible to everyone
- Interaction with unidirectional target
Digital marketing: a new vision of marketing
Digital marketing is a new form of marketing that uses multiple digital media to deliver a message. It is carried out via the internet and through media such as social networks, blogs, websites, emailing, etc. Unlike traditional marketing, which has the principle of going to the consumer or outbound marketing, marketing digital rather attracts customers by the quality of the content produced, hence inbound marketing or inbound marketing.
- Very low cost of marketing campaigns
- Two-way advertiser/client or target interaction
- Possibility of measuring your ROI or return on investment
- The virality of digital media
- Effective, fast, and long-term ad delivery
- Possibility to adjust the digital strategy throughout the campaign
- Audience accessible to all and at any time
- The inconvenience
- Campaign tracking requires more time
- Web marketing requires more skills
Traditional Marketing vs. Digital Marketing: Conclusion
Traditional marketing presents some interesting strengths for an effective marketing strategy but is very limited because of the social changes observed. It is very expensive, less accessible, and the target cannot interact with the brand to gather certain information about the product. Unlike traditional marketing, digital marketing offers excellent value for money. In addition to being accessible to all types of business, digital offers an important consumer market.
The brand/customer relationship is more humanistic because customers can have precise answers about a service or a product. Besides, digital marketing is more viral due to the relevance of its various communication media (social media, website, etc.). The web marketing strategy is more relevant than a traditional marketing strategy in terms of return on investment.
The choice between traditional marketing and digital marketing must be made according to the objectives to be achieved. For more efficiency and virality of your marketing strategy, opt instead for web marketing.
If you choose digital marketing over traditional marketing, it will be beneficial to contact a .