EPIC Module 7: Mendel and Inheritance
February 11 - 15
- EPIC Lessons 6 and 1 are due Friday, February 15.
- Assignment: Mitosis and Meiosis due Friday, 2/15. (L6 Lecture 2 should help with assignment)
- Helpful websites:
- Mr. Doc's Lab
- Bikini Bottom Genetics Lab
- Mr. Doc's Protein Synthesis Lab due Friday, 2/15.
- Mr. Fuelling's Lab
- Mr. Doc's Lab
February 19 - 22
- PM - M7 Crossword Puzzle due Wednesday, Feb. 20
- EPIC Lessons 2 and 3 are due Friday, February 22.
- Punnett Square Practice http://www2.edc.org/weblabs/Punnett/punnettsquares.html
- Mr. Doc's Lab - Bikini Bottom Genetics, Parts I and II due Wednesday, 2/20.
- 2/20 - Part III of Bikini Bottom Genetics
February 25 - 29
- EPIC Lessons 4 and 5 are due Friday, February 29.
Labs: Mr. Doc's Lab - Bikini Bottom Genetics (continued) - (due in class Wed., 2/27)
Mr. Fuelling's Lab - Pedigree Charts (due Fri., 2/29)
We are also working on Bikini Bottom Genetics Lab , Parts I and II. (due Tues, 2/26)
March 3 - 7
- Study guide distributed March 3.
- M7 TEST on Friday, March 7.
3/3 Punnett Square Assignment
3/4 Bikini Bottom Assignment
- All M7 assignments and progress monitors due before test.
Study for your test. Feel free to use these website links to help!
Genetics Vocabulary - Study your vocabulary by playing this matching game on quia.com.
Genetics Vocabulary II- Study your vocabulary by playing this matching game on quia.com.
Probability of Inheritance - Take this practice quiz to prepare you for Friday's test. Be sure to read the feedback. It is designed to help you learn the material. You can also learn by reading the feedback for incorrect answers.
Mendel's Genetics - Take this practice quiz to prepare you for Friday's test. Be sure to read the feedback. It is designed to help you learn the material. You can also learn by reading the feedback for incorrect answers.
Genetics Practice Problems - Test what you know about Punnett Squares and dominant and recessive traits.
Monohybrid Cross Problem Set - Practice problems...Answering questions about Punnett Squares and probability.
Genetics quiz - Do you know the difference between genotype and phenotype? Can you perform a monohybrid cross? These concepts were developed by a monk named Gregor Mendel in the 1860's. Mendel discovered how traits are passed from parents to offspring. In doing so, he developed the principles that govern heredity. These principles are now called Mendel's law of segregation and Mendel's law independent assortment.
Mendel and Inheritance Review - Powerpoint slideshow with review questions. Study these questions to prepare for the test.