Second Grade Objectives for the week of Oct. 1 - Oct. 8
Spelling Test Friday: bone, robe, use, these, rope, note, cute, close, hope, those, one, goes,
Challenge Words: drove, mule
Reading- Read story - "Henry and Mudge and the Starry Night"
* Question different parts of a story
* identify fantasy and realism in the story
* Context clues/multiple meanings of words
* Vocabulary, high-frequency words, and key vocabulary
*Short vowel sounds
* Punctuation marks: declarative (.), interrogative (?), commands (.), and exclamatory (!) sentences.
* Follow the writing process: Brainstorm/topic, First draft, second draft, Revise/proofread, and Final copy.
*Chapter 3 Reading data, charts, tables
* Represent data using a table, make predictions using a table
*apply, read, create different types of graphs- pictographs, tally tables, bar graphs, etc.
* addition strategies - count on doubles , doubles plus one, sums
*add multiple digits
* add 3 addends
* Introduce Chapter 2 - Animals
Group animals by their characteristics
*Basic needs of plants and animals
*how they adapt
* Chapter 3 How plants and animals live together
* Land masses are called continents
* Lacate continents and oceans on a map
* Recog. we live in North America
* Promoting the common good.
North Wood Girls Tourn - Oct . 4th, 5th, and 7th.
End of Quarter October 15th.
Parent Teacher Conferences - Oct. 18 - Oct. 21st.
No school Oct. 22nd.
NO RUBBER BANDS - of any kind to be brought to school by students. Students are playing with them: flipping things and each other, putting them on their fingers, arms so tight it is cutting off the blood to their fingers and hands.
If they bring rubber bands I throw them away. So please tell your child not to bring them to school. Thank you for your understanding I don't want your child to get hurt from flying objects or lose a finger or hand.
Please have you child dressed for the weather. They want to go outside for recess. He/She will need a jacket and shoes (not flipflops) on before I will let your child go outside. Thanks, Miss Todd