Resources Quiz Name___________________________
Mrs. Geiser/Mr. Bennett
October 12, 2012
- What is a renewable resource?
- Any natural resource that can be replenished naturally.
- A resource that is found only in the United States.
- A resource that is reserved for use in the future.
- What is a non-renewable resource?
- A resource not found in the United States.
- A resource that takes so long to replenish, it is not considered renewable.
- A resource that humans have used up, there is no more left.
- What are the two reasons discussed in class that the United States has so many resources?
- The U.S. buys them all from other countries and we don’t share our resources.
- There really aren’t that many resources and it’s too hard to extract them from the earth.
- The U.S. has a lot of land for resources and we have the technology to get the resources.
- Choose the statement that correctly identified imports and exports.
a. Imports are what you sell to another country/Exports are what you buy from another country.
b. Exports are what you sell to another country/Imports are what you buy from another country.
c. Imports are renewable resources/Exports are non-renewable resources.
- Opinion: List one positive thing about living in Brazil and one challenging thing about living in Brazil.