Electrical Power Safety
- The electrial items used in this project are ____________
- Limit the use of high power devices around water.
- Never use frayed or cut wires when plugging in a device.
- Never overload the outlet and use a surge protector.
- All electrical devices should have an emergency cut off switch or ‘kill’ switch’.
- Shut off and unplug all devices when not in use or when you leave the room unattended.
- The power tools in this project are _________
- Wear goggles or safety glasses
- Do not work alone in the lab.
- Dry wet hands and clothing before working with electricity. Mop up all water spilled on the floor.
- Keep the lab clean.
- Clamp down any objects that will be used.
- Read and refer to the owners manual for proper operation.
- Keep hands, fingers, feet, and all objects not being used way from moving parts.
- Use a vacuum system to keep debris away from cutting area.
Hot object, Heat, and Fire Safety
- Use caution when dealing with hot objects
- Wera Goggles and use tongs or thermal gloves when handeling hot objects.
- Allow Hot object to cool be storage.
- Make sure a fire extinguisher, lab shower and Fire Blanket are available for use if needed
Sharp Object Safety
- The sharp objects used in this project are _________
- Use caution when using a sharp object.
- Do not use bent or broken sharp objects.
- Cover or cap after every use.
- Discard disposable sharps objects into an approved sharps container.