We will be learning many exciting things in Health class this year. Below is a list of some of the chapters we will cover this year.
Units covered in Health Class
- Being Active
- you are growing
- take care of your body
- your teeth
Health Class Rules
- Listen and follow directions the first time they are given
- Raise your hand before speaking or getting out of your seat
- Please be on time and prepared for class (health notebook and two pencils with erasers)
- Keep your hands and feet to yourself at all times
- Warning - help student be aware of what the behavior issue is and they it needs to not be a distraction to the class or the learning process.
- Time out for Reflection - Students will spend time away from the instruction area to reflect on how their behavior is impacting the class and themselves negatively and how they can improve it and make better decisions.
- Contact Parents - students parent will be contacted immediately if the disruption continues.
- further disruptions are rare but in case they occur, the student will be taken to the main office with a written disciplinary form.
Students will need to have a spiral notebook that they will use for Health Class only as well as two pencils with erasers. It would be an extra big help if they also had personal pencil sharpeners. All of the chapters and learning materials we will be incorporating will come from the Harcourt text and activity books. Please feel free to go to the Harcourt website and help your child work through some of the activities for their grade level.
Please feel free to stop by our classroom for a visit or to assist our students with their activities or share any relative experiences you have had that may pertain to our current topics.