Hello! Welcome to what I hope to be an exciting, fun-filled school year! My name is Ana Fernandez and I will be your child’s Pre-K teacher. Your child will take home a monthly newsletter, just like this one, which will inform you about what is going on in school for the month. For the month of September, our theme is “All About Me”. We will also focus on getting used to the school setting.
This Month’s Theme
During the “All About Me” theme, your child will be introducing himself/herself to his/her classmates. We will also discuss our feelings and how we can express them. For both themes, our class will be exposed to related-literature of each theme. Parents are welcome to share any books with the class. Also, parents are always invited to come in and join us with the day's activities.
Please keep in mind that school will be CLOSED on Septembet 29th-30th in observance of Rosh Hashanah.
**Please notify us in advance if you would like to do something for your child’s birthday**
- Please return any missing paperwork (medical forms, blue cards, lunch forms, ect.)
- Please bring in a family picture for our Family Tree.
- Please keep in mind to be prompt.
A.M. Class is from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00a.m.
P.M. Class is from 12:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- If your child is sick, please let your child stay home to recover and rest. For the safety of everyone in school, we will enforce this rule. If your child is absent, you MUST write a note to explain the absence to me. If your child is absent for a long period of time without any notice, your child may be discharged.
Have Any Questions or Concerns?
- I am available to talk with you and between 2:30 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. (by appointment please).
- Please don’t hesitate to contact me at 718-899-7590 if you have any questions or concerns during the year.
I have attached a list of supplies your child will need for this school year. Please make sure that all supplies are in school by Monday, September 12th, 2011. It is to our best interest that all students have the necessary supplies in school by this date so that we can ensure a smooth start to the school year.
- 4 Passport pictures
- 1 two pocket folders (plastic preferred)
- 1 bottle of hand soap
- 1 box of tissue
- A change of clothes (including underwear and socks) in a 1 gallon Zip-Loc Bag
- 1 sturdy backpack
**Please make sure that you label all of your child’s supplies!**
- Please practice with your child, EVERYDAY, writing their first and last name. Send in the practice sheets every Friday (only). This is ongoing to the end of the year.
- Please help your child cut and paste 5 things that begin with the letter “Ss” on a sheet of paper. (DUE ON: Friday, September 16th)
- Talk with your child about their favorite things (color, food, animals, toys, ect). Then, look through a magazine together to find some of his/her favorite things. Have your child cut and paste the pictures on a piece of paper to create a collage (DUE ON: Friday, September 23rd)