· Open Corel
· Select new / Blank
· Double click on top bar to toggle full screen.
· Ctrl and left mouse will create perfect square or circle
· Pen on top will draw a hairline on shape or delete it, colour is bottom right.
· When tracing always work from outside to inside.
· Wait till you get arrow when attaching lines.
· Beginning of line must be the ending of the line as well.
· Test shape by filling with colour.
· To delete line delete the end node
· Separate lines cannot be attached but can be grouped
· Freehand tool will freehand with left button down.
· Freehand tool draws straight when you click start and end of line.
· Control Z will undo.
· Esc stops drawing action.
· Arrange tool on top of screen will put shapes in order.
· To draw a curve, freehand it then delete nodes to smooth it out.
· Curves are best with a start centre and end node. Use handles to curve them.
· A better palette can be found in paint can tool/ left click/fill colour dialogue
· Fewer nodes make better curves
· To crop an image right click and edit picture
· Shift click to each object then right click/group to tie objects together
- Always use selection tool at top first to clear tools
- Click center to rotate shape
- Colour shape or it will be gone
- More shapes? click bottom arrow
- Adjust your tool on top menue bar