Mrs. Yanoschak and Mrs. Harrell's Kindergarten Newsletter
October 22, 2018 - October 24, 2018
Parent-Teacher Conferences will begin on Wednesday, October 24th. It is an early dismissal day -11:40 am. Conferences start at 1:00 pm. There will be NO SCHOOL on Thursday, October 25th and on Friday, October 26th. School resumes on Monday, October 29th.
We will be getting together with our eighth grade buddies on Monday, October 29th for a few moments of fun at the school baseball field. The children are excited about playing with their buddies again.
K-2 will be attending the Halloween Prayer service on Tuesday, October 30th in the church at 1:30 pm.
We will also be attending the Halloween costume parade for students who sold 20 raffle tickets on Wednesday, October 31st. After the parade, the children will be celebrating Halloween in classroom with a small party. Mrs. Combs has sent a Sign-up Genius for Halloween treats for our classroom. We thank you all so much for volunteering to send in treats for the children.
There will be an All Saints Mass on Thursday, November 1st, at 8:15 am. You are welcome to join us!
Friday, November 2nd is an early dismissal day - 11:40 am.
Winter uniforms can be worn on Monday, November 5th.
The school Book Fair is scheduled for Monday, November 5th through Friday, November 9th. Our class is scheduled to browse and create a list of books we may like to purchase on Monday, November 5th from 12:00 - 12:30. We are scheduled to purchase books on Tuesday, November 6th from 11:30 - 12:00. We are looking forward to visiting the Book Fair in November!
Wednesday, November 14th is the next Dress Down Day!
Tuesday, November 20th is an early dismissal day - 11:40 am. NO LEAP will be offered on November 20th. Thanksgiving Break begins on Wednesday, November 21st through Friday, November 23rd. School will resume on Monday, November 26th. We wish you all a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving Holiday!
The Kindergarten Christmas Pageant is scheduled for Thursday, December 13th at 1:00 pm in the St. Bernadette Center. Grandparents and younger siblings are welcome to attend the program.
- Introduce Letterland characters/letter sounds: Annie Apple, Bouncy Ben, Clever Cat, Dippy Duck, Eddy Elephant, Firefighter Fred, Golden Girl, Harry Hatman, Impy Ink, Jumping Jim, Kicking King, Lucy Lamplight, Noisy Nick, Oscar Orange, Peter Puppy, Quarrelsome Queen, Red Robot, Sammy Snake, Talking Tess, Uppy Umbrella, Vicky Violet, Walter Walrus, Fix-It-Max, Yellow Yo-Yo Man, and Zig Zag Zebr
- Review letter/sound: Mm, Ss, Aa, Tt, Cc
- Blend onset and rime : /j/ /am/ - jam or /b/ /all/ - ball
- Segment onset and rime: cup - /k/ /up/ or box - /b/ /ox/
- Review word families: -ab, -ad, -ag, -am, -an, -ap, -at
- Review sight words: I, like, the, and, see, we, a
- Review labels and explain how labels are used to identify objects within a picture
- Review captions
- Review verbs as action words
- Review nouns as a person, place, animal or thing
- Identify rhyming words in stories and poems
- Review synonyms
- Discuss main idea within each story
- Identify story structure: characters, settings, events
We will have free choice centers.
We will begin to identify and compare sets as having more or less than another set.
The children will listen to Bible stories this week.
We will continue to read several Halloween stories and create some fun Halloween art.
Our Star Student for the week is Eliza Harrell. Please send a photo of your child to school on Monday, so that we may use it for a writing activity.
Kinder Book Club Reader:
Our Kinder Book Club reader for the week is Kaitlyn Jess. Please send a book that your child would like to share with the class on Thursday.
- Please send a snack with your child every day including early dismissal days. Your child will be served a cup of water during snack time, so a juice box or other beverage is not necessary.
Mrs. Yanoschak and Mrs. Harrell