Business Computer Technology and Web Design
Additional Warm - up / Conditioning Exercises:
Day 3 – 5
(Keyboarding / Conditioning)
- Compare the main types of business organizations
- Classify business as profit-making or non-profit making, and service, product or combination
Business Ownership – How Sweet It Can Be
Report of Economic System using charts and illustrations
Title: The Nature of Business Economics and Entrepreneurship
Body (font – Times Roman, Size 12), Header (font 14, bold)
Identify the clients/owners and their roles in business (Summary inclusive of questions listed below:
1. What has happened to the founder of the business?
2. Is he or she still involved with the company?
3. What other things has he or she done?
4. Who owns the business?
5. How has the business changed?
6. Has the company been involved in any mergers or acquisition?
7. What products does the company sell?
If a company has incorporated and is publicly traded, another source of information will be Hoover’s Online Directory at www.hoovers.com
Week 4 - 5 Supply and Demand Economic Activity in a Changing World
(Type responses to the questions and comments below)
Title: Supply and Demand (centered, bold, font – 14)
Subtitle: Economic Activities in a Changing world
What are the differences between goods, services and needs?
Design a project that depicts the demand for goods most often used and services requested that would include tables, and charts to support your research.
Week 5 - 6 Global Economy
Explain why the world has become a global economy using vocabulary terms. Explain why people and countries specialize in producing goods and services using vocabulary terms. Describe free trade using vocabulary terms.
Write a brief scenario using the sites below:
Define Domestic trade, world trade and the benefits of comparative.
Week 7 Marketing
What is marketing? What are the functions of production? Identify the four P’s of marketing?
Group Project: Decide on business type and the nature of the business you will operate.
Group Project: Write rough draft of market research:
comparing at minimum to businesses similar to yours.
What are the benefits of your business compared to the others?
Do you house products / services that they do not provide?
Is there a demand for your business
Week 8 Desktop Publising
Advanced Desktop Publishing – converting documents into web pages
Design brochures tailored to business plan outline
Information Technology / What’s fuss?
Answer each of the following questions in your own words using the title: “The Internet: What’s the fuss?” It should consist of three – paragraphs (minimum of 5 complete sentences) on the first page – Part I. The second page will include Part II.
1. What has made the internet so popular?
2. What does ISP stand for and give one example?
3. What does HTML, URL, and HTTP mean?
4. The speed of the internet is measured in (bps). What does bps mean?
5. Why has publishing on the internet attracted so many people?
6. E-mail is a big part of the internet. What does e-mail look like and name one advantage to using e-mail?
7. How many years ago was it before the Internet got its start?
8. What was the main reason it started?
9. A browser is what?
10. What are some of the reasons (name 2) for people not connecting to the internet?
1. Give an example of a real URL.
2. What text is in a different color on a web site, that is referred to as what?
3. What is a browser and what is the most popular browser today?
4. Name a different browser than the one in questions 13.
5. How are computer messages sent across the telephone?
Week 9 - 10 MS Excel
Introduction to Excel/ Updating your Business Plan
Inclusive of Service Fees and Product Costs, Inventory On Hand
Formatting, Creating charts, and using Functions and Formulas
SHUTDOWN - 15 prior to the end of class
Journaling Updates per date listed below
(Class Schedule – Bell Work)
(Course Concepts and Expectations)
(Business Vocabulary Terms)
(Managing Family, Work, and Citizenship roles)
(Diversity and Rights in the Workplace)
(Basic Economy and You)
(Economic Activity in a Changing World)
(Influence on Business
Day 8 - 9
(Class Activity - Comprehension Game)
Short Quiz/ Reflection
(Benefits of Technology)
(Nature of Technology)
(Abilities in a Technological World)
(Medical and Agricultural Technologies)