Although it is important for children to learn to use the Internet for many reasons, we always want them to be safe.
Here are some tips you can use to talk to your child about Internet safety:
1. Never give out identifying information such as your address, phone number, school name, town, etc. in chat rooms, forums, forms or questionnaires.
2. Never agree to meet anyone in person that you have met online.
3. Never send information or pictures to anyone over the Internet that you do not know.
4. Be aware that people may not be who they say they are. Someone who says she is a 10-year old girl may really be an older man.
5. Always tell your parents if someone upsets you or makes you uncomfortable.
Information taken from ProtectYourKids.info