Periodontal disease is a widespread but quiet problem. A lot of folks don't realize the severity of this problem until their smiles become less attractive, and their gums have receded. If that does not draw ones attention to the condition, loose and lost teeth will.Sadly, this is what often it takes for someone to sit up and take notice. It is tough to be on protecting against a thing if you do not realize it as a problem. That's just human nature and is understandable. However, 'prevention is worth a pound of cure', as the saying goes. If you do not think gingivitis or gum disease is something you need to care about, the odds condition otherwise.
The Mayo Clinic estimates that around 78 % of adult People in America have some sort of gum disease.Eight out of ten persons is a pretty large number. So this is something that almost everybody needs to be focused on. Below are a few particular factors that can contribute to the building or intensity of an existing gum condition.
How To Repair Receding Gums Naturally?
1. Smoking - Smoking damages most of the body's cells and immune system. You need a pretty strong immune system to repair receding gums. If you chew or smoke tobacco, you must stop. This is just one more from a huge list of reasons to quit the use of cigarettes and chewing tobacco.
2. Grinding or clenching the Teeth - This is a big one for some folks. If you grind the teeth, you may need to get a mouthguard which can be purchased at any pharmacy. Ask somebody if they hear you grinding your teeth when you sleep. The serious pressures produced by grinding or clenching can weaken the supporting structure of your gums and teeth. This can make it a lot easier for a gum tissue infection to occur or boost the progression of an existing invasion.
3. Medical treatments - Certain medications can affect the health of the gum tissue. When you buy a medicine from your local pharmacy, you should ask the pharmacist for a list of side effects. This will be quite an eye-opener to you. Search for any side effect that mentions dental health, periodontitis or gum disease in particular.
4. Pregnancy and times of hormonal change. Hormonal changes can affect your gum tissue. Moreover, a female with an existing case of periodontal disease is seven times more likely to have a low birth weight, preterm child
5. Genetics - Research done on identical twins seem to indicate that there's a genetic factor that comes into play with periodontal disease. Some folks are more vulnerable and have to work harder to avoid oral plaque build-up on their teeth, particularly near the gums. On the other end of the spectrum, there appears to be 2% of the population that is invulnerable to gum disease. It shows that what genes you inherit may have an impact on your dental health.
7. Stress affects the immune system of your body. A strong immune system is essential in combating infections, such as the harmful bacteria that cause gum disease. Excessive stress weakens the immune system.
8. Diabetes - In general, folks who suffer from diabetes are at higher risk to contract infections. Periodontal disease is an infection of the gum tissue. The same holds true for any other disease that affects or compromises the immune system.
If you have already affected with gum disease, now is the best time to take action. In addition to checking with your dentist for treatment and diagnosis, study everything you can about gum disease. Before trying any alternative treatments or methods, be sure to consult with your dentist.
Repair Receding Gums At Home
Gum disease can start before you notice it. You might not realize early signs of periodontitis, but you may have halitosis, swollen, red or bleeding gums. Gum disease can result in tooth and jawbone loss, so treat your gums love and attention.
Brush at least twice daily to avoid oral plaque, that sticky substance that accumulates at the gumline. Plaque contains harmful bacteria that slowly damages tissue, causing gums to swell and pull away from the teeth. Poor oral hygiene is the most typical reason for periodontitis. Regardless of how tired you are, don't go to sleep without brushing, every night.
Mix the same quantities of baking soda and table salt. Use the mixture rather than your regular toothpaste. Soda and salt offer mild scrubbing to eliminate plaque at the gum line; at the same time, the mixture is destroying harmful bacteria and cleaning gum tissue.
Cut out sugary carbonated drinks and sweet snacks. Instead, satisfy your sweet tooth with natural fruits. Provide children water and milk instead of synthetically sweetened juices, which can ferment in the child's mouth, causing tooth decay and weakening gum tissue.
Repair Receding Gum Tissue
Make your own natural gum massage gel. Mix 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel into 1/2 cup of warm water and swish the liquid through your mouth after brushing. Alternately, add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 1/2 cup of warm water. These natural remedies soothe inflamed gums and reduce mouth dryness, which is another cause of gum disease, according to the "Gale Encyclopedia. "
Moisturize your fingers apple cider vinegar or vitamin E. and gently rubbing your gums to improve healthy blood circulation to the gum line to encourage flushing away microbes and promoting tissue healing.
Take green tea to battle bacterial growth that advances gum disease. Improve healthy flavonoids in your diet. Flavonoids are antioxidants, present in onions, lime broccoli and carrots.
Turn up the heat with cayenne. Although this natural treatment may seem counterproductive initially, it helps to know that capsaicin; the active ingredient in cayenne powder is a potent stimulant, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory. Start with a mild cayenne pepper tea, by mixing 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne powder into one cup of a hot tea or hot soup. Sip slowly, letting the tea coat the insides of your mouth before ingesting. In the beginning, you have to dilute the tea even more, but after some days, the stinging will reside. Take up to 3 cups daily, after brushing.