Click here to go back to the web site for History 8-1.
How did America continue in the turbulent world that followed Washington's second term?
George Washington established much of what became our nation's government. When he left office at the close of his second term, the national government was starting to function like a modern nation. At the same time, the world, especially Europe was sinking into turmoil that threatened to engulf America. For this assignment we will teach one another about how America survived those times.
Students will identify and describe the answer to a research question of their choice related to the time period 1798-1802.
Group member(s), question
- Seth, John, Landin; What effects did the Midnight Judges have on Marbury v. Madison?
- Cache, Alisa, Brooklyn; In what ways did the XYZ Affair affect American foreign policy?
- Ian, Nathan, Jordan; What were the effects of the Alien and Sedition Acts?
- Whitney, Kate: How did the Midnight Judges affect the way America ran elections and / or Congress?
- Savannah, Kamree; How did John Adams affect the relationship between the U.S., Britain, and France?
- Cambry, Sierra; How did Abigail Adams affect America's relationship with foreign nations?
- Seth; What effects did the Alien and Sedition Acts have on immigrants?
- Charitie; How did Thomas Jefferson shape the landscape of America?
- Joseph, Kaden; How did the Alien and Sedition Acts affect immigrants in the United States?
- Millie, Ricardo; How did the Midnight Judges affect the nation?
- Cameron, Payton, Owen; How did the XYZ Affair affect U.S. relations with France?
- Lexy, Kathryn, Mackenzie; What important events took place as a result of the XYZ Affair?
- Lillie, Kate; What were the impacts of the Quasi - War with France?
- Harley; What were some of the causes of the Quasi-War with France?
Group member(s), question
- Paityn, Jocelyn, Addie; What new challenges did John Adams face?
- Brock, Petey; What new challenges did John Adams face?
- Kierra; What was the background of Marbury v. Madison?
- Mack, Will; Why were the Alien and Sedition Acts repealed?
- Paige, Maylie; What was the XYZ Affair and how did it affect America's relationship with France?
- Eamon; What were the impacts of the Quasi-War with France?
- Wes, Nate; How did Adams and Washington differ?
- Jane; What was John Adams trying to achieve by creating the Midnight Judges?
- Naomi, Ruby; What led Adams to have to avoid a war with France?
- Kira, Annalin; How did Napoleon's expansionism affect U.S. policies?
- Jenny, Gracie; How did the Alien and Sedition Acts help the Federalists quiet their opponents?
- Hayley, What was John Adams trying to achieve by appointing the Midnight Judges?
- Ryker; What challenges did John Adams face?
For this assignment, you will teach the class members about your research question. Look carefully at the rubric for the teaching portion of your lesson.
You will also share a link to your teaching materials with Mr. Robbins and they will be linked to this page.
As chosen in the lessons.
There is no printed file for this assignment.
Here is the link to online text chapter related to this assignment.
As students begin to create their research questions, I will post some support files here.