Quote of the Week: "Our attitude toward life dtermines life's attitude towards us."
September's reading goal is 21 .
Spelling Tests will be given every Thursday each week. Please Study, daily!
Reading Tests are given every Friday. Remember to study your vocabulary words, complete your workbooks, and reread your two stories.
Week of September 28, 2009, Spelling Words, Lesson 4
For fun spelling practice on each weeks words go to www.spellingcity.com
Vocabulary Words, Lesson 4
1. remedies - Remedies are used to cure illnesses, stop pain, or fix problems.
2. luxury - A luxury is a pleasure or an item that is not necessary and is not often experienced because you have achieved a goal or a victory.
3. triumphant - You feel triumphant when you are happy because you have achieved a goal or a victory.
4. propel - When you propel a body or object, you cause it to move in a certain direction.
5. astonishment - When you feel astonishment, you are greatly surprised or are experiencing a sense of wonder.
6. intense - Something intense exists in great strength or degree.
7. lunged - If you lunged at something, you moved suddenly toward it.
8. fumble - A fumble is a mistake or error, such as dropping the ball in a football game.
1. We will not bully others.
2. We will try to help students who are bullied.
3. We will try to include students who are left out.
4. If we know that somebody is being bullied, we will tell an adult at school and an adult at home.