Spelling Points System
You must receive 10 points by Friday morning.Activities worth 5 points:
- Silly Sentences - Use all your word in the ten sentences.
- Parts of speech – write each word and then look the words up in the dictionary and list the parts of speech the word could be used as.
- Antonyms – Write each word and write two antonyms for each spelling word.
- Story – Write a short story using all of your words.
- Synonyms – For each spelling word find two synonyms.
- Backwards Words – Write your words forwards, then backwards.
- Pyramid Words – Write your words adding or subtracting one letter at a time. The result will be a pyramid shape of words.
- X Words – Write two words having one common letter so they criss- cross.
- Word Find
- Write each word 2 times
- Partner Work – Study with a classmate for 10 minutes.
- Dictionary work – look up each word in the dictionary, write down the page the word is on and the guide words that are at the top of the page.