- Lab # 21 - Seafloor Spreading Due 2/2
- Lab # 20 - Crustal Boundaries Due 1/28
- Finish ESRT pg 5 Plate Tectonics Worksheet
- Lab # 19 - Pangaea - Due by 1/23
- June 2006 Practice Regents DUE 1/23 (pd 1 - has till Mon)
- Quiz Friday 1/9 - Landscapes, Groundwater, and Water Cycle
- Lab # 18 - Soil Pereability - Due 1/8
- Pd 8 - Finish landscape review book questionspg 105 # 83 - 93
- Pd 1 and 3 - Unit Test Tomorrow 12/19
- Pd 8 - Unit Test Monday 12/22
- Signed Progress Reports DUE 12/23
- Lab # 17 - Deposition Picture Study - DUE 12/22
- TAKE HOME QUIZ DUE MONDAY 12/15
- Lab # 16 - Deposition of Sediments
- Unit Test - Weathering Erosion and Deposition - 12/19 - ish
- Lab # 15 - Stream Flow - DUE 12/16
- Lab # 14 - Stream Abrasion - DUE 12/12
- Rock Test Corrections - DUE 12/9
- Lab # 13 - Chemical Weathering - DUE 12/8
- Sub Worksheets (three of them - soil, mass movement, and weathering)
- Topographic Maps and Mineral Test CORRECTIONS due 11/24
- Rocks Unit Test - 11/26
- Rock and Mineral Lab Practical - 11/25 pd 3 and 8 - 11/26 pd 1
- Lab # 12 - Rock Type Lab - DUE 11/26
- Lab # 11- Sedimentary Rock Id - DUE 11/25
- Lab # 10 - Metamorphic Rock Id - DUE 11/21
- Lab # 9 - Igneous Rock Id Lab - DUE 11/19
- Pds 3 and 8 - Rock Cycle ESRT Packet
- Lab # 8 - Minerals Id Lab - DUE 11/12
- Topographic Maps and Minerals Test 11/12
Lesson 2: Review of Percent, Ratio and proportion
Lesson 3: TEST 8 (see above for topics)
Lesson 4: Ratio and Proportion: conversion;measurement
Lesson 5: Ratio and Proportion: Direct Variation
Monday, January 26th
HW # 1
Review Ditto for Test 8 (see above for topics)
Tuesday, January 27th
STUDY for TEST 8
Wednesday, January 28th
HW # 2
Assessment Spirals 20-22
Thursday, January 29th
HW # 3
Ditto on % , ratio and proportion
Friday, January 30th
HW # 4
Assessment Spirals #23-24
Monday January 26, 2009
Topic: Timeline of American Imperialism
Aim: What was the timeline of events that expanded American territory?
Independent Practice: Students will complete Do Now and apply to the timeline of American imperialism.
Dependent Practice: With a partner, students will complete the timeline of American imperialism in the 20th century.
HW: Timeline must be completed for homework.
Tuesday January 27, 2009
Topic: Geography and American Imperialism
Aim: What strategy did the US have when deciding where to expand?
Independent Practice: Students will create a color coordinated map of American imperialism based on the timeline of American territories.
Dependent Practice: Teacher led discussion on the selection of territories acquired.
HW: Complete Ch 22 Sec 2 Q: 1-5 Due Friday.
Wednesday January 28, 2009
Topic: Pacific Conquest
Aim: Why was the Pacific conquest necessary to American expansion?
Do Now: What items do we use on a daily basis that originates from Asia?
Objectives (SWBAT): 1. Analyze the pacific conquest through an original conversation between President Roosevelt and Commodore Perry/Hayes. 2. Apply ideals of American expansion to the Asian people. 3. Apply information to graphic organizer.
Thursday January 29, 2009
Topic: Spanish American War
Aim: What were the causes of the Spanish American war?
Do Now: What dangers do rumors cause?
Independent Practice: Students will move throughout the room learning stations, analyzing the documents that pertain to yellow journalism, the Spanish American war, Big Stick Policy and the Roosevelt Corollary.
Dependent Practice: Teacher and students will discuss the responses found by the students.
HW: Students will pair with a partner to complete the reading titled, “Big Stick Diplomacy” and answer the questions that follow.
Friday January 30, 2009
Topic: The US as a World Power
Aim: To what extent is the US a world power due to aggression?
Students will view the film titled, US as a World Power.
Imperialism Test 2/10/09
Open Book Activity 2/12/09