Outline View of Procedures from PowerPoint:WELCOME TO 7TH GRADE!
My Teaching Philosophy
- I believe EVERY student can succeed in school.
- I will provide multiple opportunities for YOU to do and achieve your BEST! J
- To give you the academic and social skills you need to progress to eighth grade.
- To provide a supportive and fun classroom environment.
- To help you make new friends and discover new interests.
- You need to keep and manage your agenda each day.
- Write down homework and all upcoming assignments
- I sign them ALL at beginning of class!
- Contact List
- Daily homework
- No Homework= zero in grade book
- Highest grade for late assignments turned in by the 2:30 is a 90. The following day is an 80. After that…50.
- You have one week…then 0.
- Please make sure you turn in late assignments to the box with “late” notation
Beginning of Class
- Write down homework & KEEP OUT AGENDA!!
- READ BOARD and follow directions
- Begin warm up (5 min check) immediately
Turning in work
- Designated areas
- Proper heading
- To the Left!
- Raise hand
- Always be respectful
Forbidden Questions in the middle of class
- Can I go to the bathroom?
- Can I get water?
- Can I sharpen my pencil?
- What do we have to do?
- What work am I missing?
- You must have already filled out pass
- No one else is out of classroom
- You are allowed to get any materials you might need in the room when you need them without my permission
- Make sure you return items that are not yours
- Once they are gone….they are gone
- Feel free to replenish
Coming to Attention
- Gimme 5!
- Lights out
Keeping your Notebook
- Pages are numbered and ordered!
- Pictures are in COLOR
- Words are circled
- Main Ideas are Underlined
- QUIZ grade!!
When you finish early
- Read silently
- Work on missing work
- Work on homework
- Work on another subject
- Write note to friend
- You are not to answer phone or intercom unless instructed
- You are to become silent immediately when hearing either
Teacher is out of room
- If I am ever out of the room, you are to follow the instructions given.
- Best behavior!
Please and Thank you are two phrases that need to be used frequently. Use these words DAILY with EVERYONE!