Note: This page is also included in the "first day packet information".
- Listen to and follow class instructions the first time they are given.
- Raise your hand and wait for permission to speak. No yelling out in class.
- If you need to leave your seat, raise your hand and wait for permission.
- Participate and cooperate in all class activities and assignments.
- If you finish your assignment early, work on unfinished assignments / SSR.
- Be prepared! Bring all appropriate materials to class daily.
- Turn in all assignments complete and on time.
- Keep hands, feet and other objects to yourself and be respectful to others.
- No gum chewing or passing notes… automatic referral.
*Rules regarding P.E.:
Clothing changes will not interrupt class. If there is time, you may ask for permission to use the restroom – put on deodorant, change your shirt, and/or freshen up.
Behavior and Consequences
- First Offense: Verbal Warning / Name on whiteboard
- Second Offense: 1 check – Loss of upcoming recess / Counsel student
- Third Offense: 2 checks – Loss of upcoming recess / Parent contacted by the student and/or teacher.
- Fourth Offense: 3 checks – Referral and/or After School Detention
- Fifth Offense: 4 checks – Sent to principal/office.
***Severe Clause: Sent directly to principal/office. Referral or Class/School Suspension dependent on circumstances.
**Please note that it is possible to move from no checks to multiple checks with one poor behavior choice. For example, fighting in class would be considered a “Severe” infraction. This type of behavior is not tolerated by the school, and would result in an immediate suspension. Just a name on the board, or utilizing any lesser disciplinary action, would not be a sufficient consequence in such a situation.