Rules & Expectations
The following is a list of class rules and expectations:
- Respect fellow students and teacher at all times.
- Always come to class prepared. (i.e.: homework assignments completed, textbook and other required materials in hand, etc.)
- If you need to use the restroom, exit quietly and return promptly.
- Raise your hand and wait to be called on to participate in class discussion or ask a question. Anyone who just shouts out without being called on will not be acknowledged.
- Upon entering the classroom you will have three minutes (on a timer) to find your seats, get out your required materials for class, and sit quietly until class begins.
- If you enter after those three minutes are up, you are considered late for class.
- After the three minutes we take to get prepared for class, we will take an additional five minutes for what I call “Venting Time,” in which you will each have an opportunity to vent about anything that you wish should you feel the need. If we run out of time you may see me directly after class.
- You may only drink water during this class. No food or gum is allowed.
WARNING: If you come to class late, it will reflect on your grade. If you come to class unprepared, you will be marked late and that will also reflect on your grade. Violation of other rules and expectations will result in the following consequences:
- You will be given a warning.
- If you are persistent, there will be a meeting held with, you, the student and the teacher after class about your behavior.
- You will be given detention.
- You will be redirected to the principal.
Your parents will be contacted for a parent – teacher – student – principal meeting.