Spanish 1 is the introductory course to the Spanish language. Students will be learning basic phrases, conjugation rules, vocabulary, and culture throughout the year. Spanish 1 is the prerequisite for Spanish 2 which culminates with a proficiency exam for high school credit.
Textbook & Materials
Our classroom is not textbook based however we do reference a textbook for activities. Our textbook is "Avancemos Spanish 1" (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, 2013). In this course, students need a 2" binder, a composition notebook, pens/pencils, loose leaf paper, and a Spanish-English dictionary.
Our calendar is currently under review however, a few important dates are as follows:
- May 28, 2019 - Family tree projects due
- May 28, 2019 - After school review session
- May 29, 2019 - Unit Test
- June 7, 2019 - Shopping Unit Performance Assessment (students role play with each other as customers in a shopping mall)
- June 10, 2019 - Speaking Exam (Part 1 of final exam)
- June 12-13, 2019 - Final Exam (Written portion)
- June 14, 2019 - "Pie A Teacher" and Darien Lake Day (Student Council Spring Fling)
- June 17, 2019 - Last day of classes! FIESTA
Our syllabus contains class expectations, guidelines, etc. and can be found using the link below.