Spanish 3 is an elective course that expands a student's knowledge of the Spanish language. It is a vigorous course and culminates with an exam that if passed, makes a student eleigible for an advanced regents diploma. Students will continue to learn phrases, conjugation rules, vocabulary, and culture throughout the year. They will also learn the future tense, the conditional tense, and two past tenses. Students will engage with authentic resources to practice their language acquirment. The majority of this class is taught in Spanish.
Textbook & Materials
Our classroom is not textbook based however we do reference a textbook for activities. Our textbook is "Avancemos Spanish 2" as well as "Avancemos Spanish 3" (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, 2013). In this course, students need a 2" binder, a composition notebook, pens/pencils, loose leaf paper, and a Spanish-English dictionary.
Our calendar is currently under review however, a few important dates are as follows:
- May 28, 2019 - Future/Conditional Journal Entry due
- May 29, 2019 - Practice listening exam
- May 30, 2019 - June 7, 2019 - Exam Review
- June 10, 2019 - Speaking Exam (Part 1 of Checkpoint B Exam)
- June 12-13, 2019 - Review for Checkpoint B Exam (Student Choice of Topic)
- June 14, 2019 - "Pie A Teacher" and Darien Lake Day (Student Council Spring Fling)
- June 17, 2019 - Last day of classes! FIESTA
- June 24, 2019 @ 12:15 pm - Checkpoint B Exam (please bring #2 pencils and blue or black pens)
Our syllabus contains class expectations, guidelines, etc. and can be found using the link below.