Forest Hills Middle School
7th Grade Social Studies
Courses: Civics (1st Semester) & World Geography (2nd Semester)
Instructor: Mr. M. Carter
Dear Students and Families,
Welcome to the 7th Grade! I am excited to get to know you and I am looking forward to a happy and productive school year. During the first semester, we will cover various areas of the United States government during our Civics course. During the second semester, we will discuss a variety of places and concepts throughout the world. My classes are interactive, which means that the students will not only read their textbooks, but they will also see pictures, watch video clips, and complete projects. Students are encouraged to make project and activity suggestions. These activities and projects will be used at the instructor’s discretion.
Materials (this list is included on the “7th Grade Supply List”):
25 pencils 2 boxes of Kleenex
10 pens (black or blue) 2 bottles of hand sanitizer
2 three-prong pocket folders 1 roll of paper towels
1 five pack of dividers 2 packs of loose leaf paper (wide or college rule)
(Spiral notebooks & tablets are not allowed.)
Grading Policy: The final grade for each grading period will be determined by the following:
Notebook Checks (Bellringers & Activities)
Homework Policy: Homework is assigned to students in order to reinforce daily lessons. It is the student’s responsibility to have homework completed by the due date.
Make-up Policy: If a student is absent and misses an assignment, he/she will be allowed to make-up the assignment, only if he/she arranges to complete the assigned work in a timely manner. It is the student’s responsibility to make sure they meet with the teacher to discuss the assignment and the due date.
1. Stay in your seat at all times.
2. Follow all instructions, as given by the instructor.
3. Raise your hand and wait for the teacher to call on you before you speak.4. Food or electronic devices are NOT allowed in the classroom. Classroom Procedures:
1. Enter and exit the room quietly. Sit down in your assigned seat immediately after entering the room.
2. If you need to sharpen your pencil, raise your hand after the instructor asks, hand your pencil to him or the designated student, and one of them will sharpen it for you.
3. Write down the class agenda, Alabama Course of Study Standard, then start working on the “Bellringer” assignment.
4. If you have any questions or comments, RAISE your hand and wait for the instructor to call on you. DO NOT SCREAM or YELL OUT.
5. DO NOT TALK DURING: The “Moment of Silence,” Announcements, Instructional Time, or when Visitors enter the room.
6. You Are Expected to Be RESPECTFUL to yourself, classmates, and the instructor AT ALL TIMES. Gym/ Hallway
1. Always remain quiet and walk in a straight line wherever the class goes.
2. In the morning and after P.E., whenever the instructor raises his hand for the class to line up, immediately walk over towards him and get line.
1. Stay in line and remain quiet while waiting to get your food.
2. Always sit and remain at the assigned lunch table. Do not leave the table without getting permission from the instructor.
3. If “Silent Lunch” is in effect, then there will be no talking allowed in the lunchroom.
4. Students who are appointed daily to clean the lunch tables should complete their tasks quickly and quietly.
If you have any questions or need to contact me, feel free to email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. M. Carter