Adult Education Science
Stacy Graham, Teacher
- How many atoms of hydrogen are in a molecule of table sugar with the chemical formula of C12 H22O11?
- List the names of the elements that make up each of following compounds.
CO2 (carbon dioxide)
- If an atom looses an electron what kind of oxidation number will it have?
- What is the sum of the oxidation numbers of the elements in a compound?
- What is the oxidation number of aluminum in AlCl3?
- The chemical formula for calcium oxide is CaO. If the oxidation number for calcium is 2+ what it the oxidation number for oxygen?
- In general does metal tend to gain electrons or lose electrons?
- What determines how many electron an atom will gain, lose, or share when it forms a chemical bond?
- How does the work of Niels Bohr relate to writing chemical formulas?
- What is a polyatomic ion?
- What always happens in a chemical reaction?
- What is the law of conservation of matter?
- Count the atoms, which of the following equations are chemically balanced?
- What is the difference between oxidation and reduction?
- What is a synthesis reaction?
- Which of the following are synthesis reactions?
- What is a decomposition reaction?
- What is used to decompose water in an electrolysis reaction?
- A single replacement reaction always takes place between an element and a_________.
- What is a double replacement reaction?
- Which of the following reactions are double replacement reactions?
2Na + Br2---2NaBr2NaOH + H2SO4-----Na2SO4 + 2H2O Acids and Bases
- Acids are sometimes called
- When they are placed in water, all bases release
- Phenolphthalein and bromthymol blue are
- If you put a strip of blue litmus paper into a cup of vinegar, the litmus paper will turn
- The pH of a neutral solution is
- A solution with a pH of 2 is
- A neutralization reaction is a reaction between
- A reaction between hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide produced water and
- Electrolytes can conduct electricity when they are dissolved in water because they form
- Of the following substances, the one that is a nonelectrolyte is
- A_________ always formed in a neutralization reaction.