Our Class website is officially up and running! This is going to be a fantastic way to keep everyone up dated on upcoming school events, projects and assignments, tests and quizzes, and class events.
I look forward to a fantastic school year ahead and I have enjoyed getting to know each one of you so far. I hope we all continue to grow as a class community over the school year!
A FEW THINGS TO NOTE:
- ***MONDAY NOV 4TH - I HAVE SENT HOME A NOTE WITH SOME IMPORTANT UPDATES. PLEASE SEND A QUICK EMAIL / MESSAGE ON REMIND / OR NOTE TO SCHOOL INFORMING ME THAT YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS NOTE*** STARTING THIS WEEK I AM STRONGLY STRESSING THE IMPORTANCE OF STUDENT RESPONSIBILITY AND GETTING WORK COMPLETED ON TIME
- PARENT-TEACHER INTERVIEW DATES: THURSDAY NOV 14 (PM) AND FRIDAY NOV 15TH (AM) * parent-teacher interviews are being booked online this year. Email instructions were sent home Friday by administration. At 6pm on Monday Nov. 5th you will be able to sign on and book your interview slot (if you chose to do so)
- PROGRESS REPORTS GO HOME NOV 12TH
- I have been made aware that not all my notes are making it home - please feel free to email me any time if you have questions or concerns ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) - our school is focusing on becoming paperless and I am hoping that emails will be our primary source of contact. I would really appreciate a quick email from parents updating me with any concerns. Contact sheets went home at the start of the year and MANY have not been returned so the contact info we have at the school may be out-of-date. Thank you in advance for your email
- PA on FRIDAY NOV 15TH
- COZY SOCKS AND SLIPPERS DAY IS FRIDAY NOV 8 - I will be wearing the fuzziest socks and my slippers let's all be comfortable together (**remember to also bring OUTDOOR shoes for recess!**) I am hoping to make every Friday from now on something unique
- Our next writing task will be due MONDAY NOV 11 - a letter to a veteran and a Remembrance Day Poster (students have the opportunity to enter their posters into a competition)
- SPELLING WORDS ARE POSTING IN CLASS EVERY MONDAY AND OUR TESTS ARE EVERY FRIDAY - IN ADDITION, I HAVE ASKED THAT EACH STUDENT COMPLETED 1 SENTENCE FOR EACH SPELLING WORDS - I am hoping that a little focus on spelling will be beneficial for the students (spelling and grammar seem to be a constant struggle during our writing tasks)
- Since Friday Nov 15th is a PA - our spelling test will be Thursday Nov 14th, and the 20 sentences will also be due on this date
I will be posting helpful links for each new concept we cover in class.
I will be adding a Calendar soon