Unit 9: Money
Chapter 1- Examples of test questions:
Coins: add various amount of pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters
- Know what the head and the tail of each coin looks like to identify the correct coin
- Bills: add various amounts of ones, fives, and tens
- When bills and coins are present together, find the total
- $82.51 = _____ dollars ______ cents
- 72 dollars 3 cents = $_______
- $15.73 = ______ c
- $6.92 = ______ c
- 83c = _____ (write in dollars)
- 421c = ______(write in dollars)
- 73c + ____ = $1
- ______ + $0.45 = $1
- The sum of 6 nickels and 7 quarters is $_____.
- The sum of 8 one-dollar bills, 7 quarters and 8 nickels is $ _____.
Chapter 2- Examples of test questions:
- Money addition in various forms written and with pictures.
- 73c + 41c = _____c
- $4.82 + 87c = $______
- $72.71 + $4 = _______ + 41c = _____
- $82.31 + $7.08 = ______
- $51.09 + $0.32 = ______
- If you have $17.09, how much more do you need to have $20? ($17.09 + _______ = $20)
- Pictures of various bills and coins – find the total amount
- Lensa had $9.80. Elliot had $1.20 less than Lensa. How much did Elliot have?
- Maddie earned $14.67 last week. This week she earned $3.09 more. How much did she earn this week?
- Clara earned $18.83 last week. This week she earned $3.99. How much did she earn altogether?
- Blake had $8.07. Mackenzie had $6.43. Annaclaire had $15.09. How much do they have altogether?
- Maura paid 53c for a gumball and $3.97 for a box of crayons. She had $4.52 left. How much money did she have at first?
Chapter 3- Examples of test questions:
- Same type of questions from Chapter 2 except subtraction instead of addition.
- A pillow cost $18.90. Mary paid $50. How much change did she get?
- Mali had $34.56. She purchased a meal for $8.69. How much did she have left?
- A box of pencils cost $3.98. The box of crayons was $2.03 less. How much did the two items cost?
- The stickers and markers cost $22.01. The markers cost $13.72. How much more does the stickers cost?
- The paper cost $15.62. The ink cost $4.98 less. Nicolas has $8. How much more does he need to buy the ink?
- Abigail paid for an item with 4 twenty-dollar bills. It cost $68.93. How much change did she get?
Chapter 4- Examples of test questions:
- 832c x 7 = ______c
- $8.32 x 7 = $______
- Find the value of $4.56 x 9.
- Find the value of $57.30 divided by 3.
- What is the value of 5 quarters? Give your answer in dollars.
- How may quarters are in $12?
- What is the value of 23 dimes? Give your answer in dollars.
- How many dimes are there in $53?
- Estimate the value of $5.90 x 8.
- Find the value of $5.90 x 8.
- Estimate the value of $77.80 divided by 5.
- Find the value of $77.80 divided by 5.
- $56.23 x 8 = $ _____
- $81.02 % 4 = $ ______
Which is a better deal?
- 6 lb of carrots at $4.53
- 3 lb of carrots at $6.92
- A bag of marbles cost $2.29. Milo bought 4 bags. How much did he pay?
- Ben saved $83.72. He spent half of it. How much did he spend?
Hans and Miles have $76.31 together. Hans has 4 times as much as Miles.
- How much does Hans have?
- How much does Miles have?
- 4 ft of cloth costs $8.43. How much would 3 yd of cloth cost?
Unit 9 Cumulative Test:
- Review all of Units 1 - 9