Permanent : 232 E. Cherry St.Mason MI 48854 Hesch.firstname.lastname@example.org
My mission is to create a compassionate and safe environment where students discover the truth about themselves as learnes.
Career Objective: To learn to be an effective teacher when instructing young children in their elementary school career.
Alma College Alma, MI
Bachelor of Arts, April 2009
· Major: Elementary Education
· Minors: Math & Psychology
· Early Childhood Endorsement· GPA: 3.5859
Teaching Experience / Placement:
April 2009 Student Teaching Bath, MI
· Planed and implemented lessons in all subjects.
May 2008 Argentina Experience Buenos Aries,
Argentina, South America
· Taught English to 5th grade Spanish speaking students, traveled to Iguazu to see the rainforest and the waterfall, and was fully immersed into another country for 4 weeks. (English as a second language)
Fall 2008 Vestaburg Elementary School Vestaburg, MI
· Taught literacy lessons dealing with Stellauna
Fall 2007 Luce Road Early Childhood Learning Center Alma, MI
· Special Education: ECDD (Early Childhood Development Delay)
· Assisted a boy in the areas of social, emotional, and academic skills.
Summer 2007 Volunteered at a Summer Program Mason, MI
Through Mason Public Schools
· I volunteered through the AmeriCore program. I worked with students ranging in age from kindergarten to sixth grade.
Spring 2007 Tutored a 3rd grade boy St. Louis, MI
· Read and wrote stories. I worked with him on his reading and comprehension skills.
Spring 2007 Luce Road Early Childhood Learning Center Alma, MI
· Worked with kindergarten students in small groups in math and reading.
Spring 2006 Alma College Head Start Alma, MI
· Performed a case study on one of the students in Head Star program. I assessed to see if this student was developing normally.
Fall 2006 Alma College Head Start Alma, MI
· Taught a successful lesson on fire safety to three-four- and five year olds students. I also educated students on the five senses. I brought in a sense box where the students explored the five senses and at the same time learning about colors and shapes.
Current Michigan State UniversitySpartan Child Development Center East Lansing, MI
Day Care Aid,
- I am hired to work with children on their social, emotional, motor and other skills during breaks and summers.
Summers Seasonal Employee, East Lansing, MI
2007,2006 Michigan State University Grounds
· Moved lawns and performed other outdoor work.
Summer 2005 Resident Camp Counselor Harrison, MI
Michigan Capital Girl Scout Council
· I mentored 3rd to 6th graders at a Girl Scout Camp. I guided girls in the right direction to learn life skills.
2007 Certificate of National Service : AmeriCorps
2006-Present Dean’s List
2006-Present Alma College Leadership Alliance
· 2006 : Student Congress Representative
· 2007: Alumni Board Representative
2006-2009 Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority
- 2006-2007: Ritual and Membership Chair
2004 Outward Bound Participant, California
2004 Gold Award Recipient in Girl Scouts
2003 Outward Bound Participant, Colorado
2002 Silver Award Recipient in Girl Scouts
Dr. Peggy Thelen Assistant Professor of Education at Alma College
614 W. Superior St.
Alma, MI 48801
Work (989) 463-7202
Irene McKinley Second Grade Teacher at Bath Elementary
13789 Webster Rd. Cooperating Teacher during Student Teaching
PO Box 310
Bath, MI 48808
Work (517) 669-5156
Cell (517) 449-2175
Chuck Sandro Filed Instructor during Student Teaching
Education Department, SAC
614 W. Superior St.
Alma, MI 48801-1599
Work (989) 463-7261
Ann Hoffman Director of Undergraduate Student Affairs in the College of
816 Cindy Commutation Arts and Sciences
Mason MI 48854
Home (517) 676-1745
Martha Williams Catholic Youth Minster at St. James Catholic Church
346 Crosswind Dr.
Dimondale, MI 48821
Home (517) 646-0940