Revised guidelines: January 3, 2011
· Each child will be responsible for reading and testing on 6 AR books each 9 weeks.
· I will average the top 6 AR test grades for one AR grade each nine weeks.
· They may read more than 6 to replace grades they aren’t happy with. I will take the average of the top 6 grades. On the same token, if they don’t read 6 they will have 0’s for those books not read.
· I will give a printout every couple of weeks to give them a report of how many they have read.
· This will begin today, January 3. No books will be carried over from last semester.
· The slate will start clean each 9 weeks.
· The deadlines will be March 8 (3rd nine weeks)
· May 17th (4th nine weeks)
You are to read an AR book on grade level.
4th grade - Level 3.5 - 5.0
5th grade - Level 4.5 - 6.0
**These levels may be individualized for each student and will be written in the front of your planner. They may also change as the year progresses.
**Non-fiction and fiction books accepted as long as they are on grade level.
**Here is the link to see if a book is an AR book. Since we have the new system there are lots of choices that are AR books and when new books come out they are added quickly.