Use the link above to find the answers to question 1 & 2
1- What are the three biofuels category?_
2. What are the concerns about using biofuels?
Use the link above to find the answers to questions 3-7
3. What flows from a ____________ to a ___________level which creates electricity?
4. How much our electricity is produced by hydropower today?
5. What makes hydroelectric power renewable?_____
6. How many dams are in the US?
7. Less than _____ of the dams produce power.
Use the link above to find the answers to question 8-12. You are going to click on the interactive map. Use the resources on that page such as the data layers, legend and query.
Looking at the map, use the legend to understand the colors codes.
8. What area of the US is most favorable for the development of geothermal energy?
9. Does Virginia look like a good area for the development of geothermal energy?
Click on “Run Analysis”, click on “geothermal analysis” this will allow you to draw a box. Draw a box around the area that Culpeper is located and answer question 11.
11. How many wells are located in the area?
Click on “surface ownership” tab.
12. Who owns the largest area of land?
Use the link above to find the answer to question 13. Click the play button for the solar defenders game.
13. What angle on the solar panel gave you the most amount of energy to defend the dance?
Use the link above to find the answer to question 14. Play the game one time.
14. How many houses were you able to supply lights to when capturing the winds?
Click on play, select the region "USA". Play the game.
15. Were you able to supply the USA with enough energy?
16. What forms of energy did you pick to get all the energy sources you need? Write the name and how many of each.
Go down the page and click on "Build a Power System". Use the tools to build a power system.
17. Explain how you built your power system?