Millions of people are suffering from varicose veins, symptoms that are often the initial signs of venous insufficiency. About 44% of women and 19% of men are alerted to vein problems by the time they reach just 30 years of age. But by the time they reach 50, over 54% of women and 42% of men are affected by some form of Varicose Veins. A recent study in Edinburgh showed that more than 50% of women in the general population had aching, heavy, or tense feeling legs. Such conditions require vein treatment near La Jolla at vein centers.
Uncomfortable legs can create difficulty during daily tasks and often affect people's enjoyment of life. However, these leg distress are often gotten worse by general lifestyles and other reasons in everyday life, which influence the action of the leg veins requiring vein treatment near me san Jose.
Why do we get varicose veins?
The veins in our legs have to work very hard to transport blood back to the heart against the force of gravity. And in today's restless Western lifestyle, which often entails standing or sitting all day, this places a great strain on our leg vein circulation. As a result of this heavy load on the leg veins, fluid penetrates into the neighboring tissues generating swelling, pain, and that "heavy leg" feeling. In such a case, get the consultation from a vein specialist at vein centers san Diego.
The decreased efficiency of the valves in our veins leads to the insufficient return of blood from the legs. The valve at the top of a vein can become 'incompetent' and stops working properly; this allows an abnormally high pressure on the section of the vein beneath it. This stretches the vein's wall, making it varicose, and this makes the next valve down incompetent, and so on down the leg. Get vein treatment near me from vein centers California.
What are the risk factors?
As we over age, are more at risk of developing varicose veins because of loss of tissue tone, loss of muscle mass, and weakening of vein walls; however other risk factors may consist of:
- lack of exercise,
- prolonged sitting or standing
- excessive alcohol consumption
- certain hormone treatments
- wearing tight-fitting clothing
- long flights
Get information from veins center San Jose to know about the suitable mode of treatment.
Complications Of Varicose Veins:
- Aching and heaviness of the legs are frequent complaints, especially after standing up for a long time. Some people with varicose veins get itching and a sensation of heat and tenderness over their veins. All symptoms produced by varicose veins lead to be worse at the end of the day and cured(at least to some extent) by 'putting your feet up.
- Most people will notice swelling and tenderness at night in their legs, although the swelling normally goes away after a night in bed, it will return the following day after standing or sitting. However, if chronic venous insufficiency is left untreated it can lead to much more serious health problems. In some people, abnormally high pressure in the leg veins can cause damage to the skin, and eventually lead to ulcers.
- The first indication of the problem is often mild eczema and itchiness of the skin - usually just above the ankle. This can be ended temporarily by steroid-containing creams, but in the long term, they are not a reliable or adequate mode of treatment, because they can cause the skin to become thin and weak. If neglected, eczema can become very severe, with inflamed, red, scaly skin all around the lower leg. Some people will also notice a darkening of the skin - first to a pale brown color, and later to a dark, shiny brown appearance which is a sign of quite high skin damage.
- In chronic venous disease, it is not only the skin that becomes discolored, shiny, and hard, the fat beneath also becomes hard and shrinks so that the area finishes up 'dented'. This can lead to ulcers on the skin, which can become very large and extremely painful, and unfortunately, leg ulcers are becoming more and more common in the Western World. However, operating the underlying venous problems will help to prevent them from getting worse and becoming more vulnerable.