Being a first year teacher it is very hard to have all of the things necessary to start a classroom. I have had tremendous help from my co workers and I have been lucky enough to have an amazing principal. The centers that I will soon have available are:
- Listening Center-6 students
- The Listening Center can accomodate up to 10 children but I only allow 6 at a time.
- Reading Center-8 or less students
- The Reading Center will have bean bags, pillows, stuffed animals, and a mushroom chair. It has everything needed to make reading comfortable.
- GeoSafari Center-1 student
- My sister-in-law got the GeoSafari at a yardsale and it has been a huge hit.
- Writing Center-1
- This center has a desk and chair. Inside the desk there are pencils, paper-ruled and plain white, crayons, and markers. I hope to make this center larger as I acquire more funds.
- Computer Center-2 students
- The Computer Center has two computers that have an array of educational programs on them and the program Accelerated Reader.