Grading Policy

Grading Policy


Make-up exams

Students may retake any major test that they fail, with the exception of ACPs, within 5 school days of receiving the failing grade. The higher score earned will be recorded and the lower score removed (not averaged).


Makeup Work and incomplete grades

Students may make up assignments and tests without grade penalty after an absence. Students will be given at least two school days for every day missed to complete the assignments or tests missed after an absence.


Late Work

Students will be given the opportunity to submit late work not related to an absence.

Late work will not be accepted after the end of the 6 weeks.

Grade penalty will be as follows:

1-2 class days              -10 points per day

1 week                         no higher than 70

1-2 weeks                    no higher than 50


Grade Weights

Class work/Homework           40%

Tests                                        25%

Projects/Products                    20%

Six weeks test grade               15%


Semester grades

The final exam will account for 15% of the semester grade, and the three six weeks grades will be averaged to account for the remaining 85% of the semester grade.

Semester grades are averaged together to assign a yearly grade.



These descriptions and timelines are subject to change at the discretion of the teacher