1.1 The Creative Process: All students will demonstrate an understanding of the elements and principles that govern the creation of works of art in music.
1.2: History of the Arts and Culture: All students will understand the role, development, and influence of the arts throughout history and across cultures.
1.3 Performance: All students will synthesize those skills, media, methods, and technologies appropriate to creating, performing, and/or presenting works of art in music.
1.4 Aesthetic Responses & Critique Methodologies: All students will demonstrate and apply an understanding of arts philosophies, judgment, and analysis to works of art in music.
NATIONAL STANDARDS FOR MUSIC EDUCATION
- 1. Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- 2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
- 3. Improvising melodies, variations, and accompaniments.
- 4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
- 5. Reading and notating music.
- 6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
- 7. Evaluating music and music performances.
- 8. Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts.
- 9. Understanding music in relation to history and culture.