Class 1 -- Wednesday Class Period (June 20)
Class 2 -- Thursday Class Period (June 21)
NO PHONE ALLOWED DURING EXAM ONLY ELECTRONIC DICTIONARY.
1. Common Mistakes in writing Sentences (read page 35 to 37)
2. Effective Sentences ( Unity and Coherence) (page 33 to 34)
3. Topic Sentences (read your notes and try exercise 2 on page 57 and 58) You will be given supporting sentences and under the supporting sentences are topic sentences. You will choose which one is the best topic sentence for the listed supporting sentences.
4. Supporting Sentences: You will be given topic sentence and under the topic sentence are supporting sentences, you will choose which sentence does not support the topic sentence.
5. Paragraph Development: Familiarize yourself with the following paragraph development.You will be given paragraphs and indentify which paragraph development is used in each.
A. Definition - 72
B. Classification - page 73
C. Description- page 74
D. Exemplification -page 93
E.Cause and Effect - page 94
F. Comparison and Contrast -page 111